The journey of pregnancy, birth and becoming a family is a truly magical one!
Each pregnancy is unique and looking after yourself and your baby during this time becomes the number one priority. Creating an internal and external environment of healthy and positive elements will support your body’s innate knowledge and ability to nourish a safe and enjoyable pregnancy and childbirth.
Pregnancy provides a crucial window of opportunity to nourish and influence your baby’s health.Your nutrition and lifestyle during pregnancy have the ability to give your growing baby the best possible start. And it is never too late for positive changes at any stage of your pregnancy.
But not only baby also mums need extra care and support. The mother's immune system is naturally lowered and about 80% of her resources are directed towards maintaining pregnancy. This leaves her more vulnerable to health issues herself.
- Optimising the physical and emotional wellbeing of the mother
- Supporting the adrenals, thyroid and immune system
- Maintaining optimal maternal nutrition with healing foods and food-based supplements
- Ensure optimal nutrient supply to the growing baby
- Preventing birth defects, low birth weights or immune disturbances
- Preventing or alleviating symptoms of common complaints, such as nausea and vomiting, heartburn/reflux, constipation, fatigue, fluid retention, pre-eclampsia, and gestational diabetes.
Preparing for Birth:
- Education around birth options and gathering of your birth team
- Ensuring your nutritional stores and energy reserves are high before giving birth
- Prepare your birth kit with remedies to enhance birth and assist with immediate post-natal healing or sleep
- Compassionate emotional support for a peaceful birth
Post-Natal Care (Not only is a baby borrn, a new mother is born too!):
- Nutritional support for breastfeeding and milk supply
- Birth recovery and adrenal support
- Speedy healing of uterine tissue or scar tissue
- Support energy levels
- Relief of mastitis
- Emotional support and de-briefing of the birth experience
- Help with anxiety and depression
- Addressing baby health issues like jaundice, eczema, constipation